When you hear the term “nanotechnology,” does science fiction spring to mind? In fact, nanotechnology is part of our daily lives; it makes our way of life easier. Nanotechnology is basically the science of dealing with matter on an atomic and molecular scale. Scientists can use nanotechnology to produce new materials that can be applied and used in several different ways.
The practical side of nanotechnology
As an example, Science Daily ran a feature story about scientists developing a way to use nanotechnology to minimize the amount of friction in car engines and machines. If this technology becomes widespread, it can help lengthen the lives of machines and engines and help them operate more effectively. According to the Science Daily story, a team of scientists produced tiny polymer particles that were distributed in automobile engine base oils. When tested under conditions that simulated those found in car engines, these tiny particles were found to have a unprecedented ability to minimize friction.
More efficient motors
Even when distributed at low concentrations they diminished friction significantly, much more so then the friction additives currently being utilized in many industries today. How much more do they reduce friction? By about 55 percent more! Nanotechnology is a developing industry so expect more discoveries like this. In fact it is growing so quickly that the United States recently released a national strategy to be sure that environmental, health, and safety research requirements are addressed in the field.
The emerging world of nanotechnology
Next time you consider nanotechnology think of your car’s engine. Some day nanotechnology might be responsible for helping you save lots of money due to your engine using less gas.
Network and PC Security: 7 Tips to Fight Malware – Custom Information Services (CIS)
- 11/27/2014 How Much to Budget for Your “Free” Giveaway
- 11/25/2014 See 7 Mistakes You’re Likely Making with LinkedIn
- 11/21/2014 Check Out These 7 Tips for More Effective Headlines
- 11/21/2014 Want to write better headlines? Use these 7 tips!
- 11/18/2014 Running a Business on Facebook? Here’s Some Do’s and Don’ts
- 11/18/2014 How to Run Your Business on Facebook without Hurting Anyone!
- 11/13/2014 3 Killer Ways to Use Google Hangouts in Your Business
- 11/13/2014 Need More Engagement with Your Audience? Use Google Hangouts
- 11/11/2014 How Will Local Search Be Impacted by Google Pigeon?
- 11/11/2014 See How Google Pigeon is Working Over Local Search